Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring is in the Air Wreath by Becki W


                                                                                   
Wait till you see the crafty project I have for you today!  It's adorable but the best part is that is was super easy!  So, without further delay, I present you with my Spring is in the Air wreath!
Isn't it the cutest ever!?!  As most of my friends know, I am hyper-critical of everything I make.  I can never get over the perceived flaws.  Not this little beauty.  She is going to hang on the back door facing the inside.  I don't know if I will even put it away during the other seasons. LOL  Of course, this fantastic idea came from Pinterest.  I would love to give credit but there was no website link and it wasn't in English, so I don't even have a name.
                                                              

The great thing is you only need a few things to create this beautiful wreath.  To start, I cut out the embellishments on my Gazelle.  The flowers and chick are from Boss Kut Designs, I used 0504Dfiftiesflower and 0637DEasterchick.  These designs are just perfect for a Spring themed project like this one.  I just adore the chubby little body on the chickie.  Kinda reminds me of me.  hehe  Both pieces to the Fifties Flower were cut on white metallic paper.  I then took my dauber dipped in Colorbox Cat's Eye Chalk Ink in Rose Coral to give color to the middles.  It gave me just the pink I was looking for with a more fluid, 3D look.  The flowers are one inch and the chick is two.
                                                                   
 After you have all your embellishments, just start wrapping the wreath with the fur.   Fluffing as you go.  I used a 8" wreath with Haute Fur in Limelight.  (FYI:  I was told that Haute Fur and other eyelash yarns are being discontinued.  It took me four big box craft stores to find a grass green.  If this is true, you better run out and stock up if you want to make this project. 
                                                             
 I'm sorry to say a paint brush lost it's life in the making of this wreath.  But some of us have to suffer for our art. *tsktsk*  I really wasn't going to make this wreath without the sign after I saw the new My Thoughts Exactly Easter Greetings stamp set. After picking my sentiment, I used four of my Spectrum Noir markers to color in the letters. 
                                         
After you have wrapped the wreath and put together your embellishments, all you have to do is hot glue them on and tie a pretty ribbon.  The pink ribbon I used here is 1 1/2" wide.
                                                                   
Now you are done!  Sit back and admire your handiwork.  This project is so simple it should be a crime.  Here's another close-up.  I just love this so much I couldn't stop taking pictures.  See how the flowers and chickie pop against the green grass?  Love it!  Well, what do you guys think?  Leave me some love in the comments.  Have a great day and happy crafting!


Supplies:
0504Dfiftiesflower by Boss Kut
0637DEasterchick by Boss Kut
Easter Greetings by My Thoughts Exactly
Spectrum Noir alcohol markers for sign
8" foam wreath
Recollections Metallics paper in white (flowers & sign)
1 1/2" wide ribbon
Thank you!
Becki Wagner - Bosskut Design Team Member

No comments: