Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Barbie Outfit with Custom Bracelet by Katie DeSotel


                                                                    Barbie Outfit

I am super excited to share my latest project with you!  My daughter LOVES Barbie, like most little girls I am sure.  The other day she decided she wanted a Barbie outfit so I pulled out my trusty Gazelle and went to work.  I searched the web for a silhouette image I liked.  I used the "import" feature for JPEG images then vectorized it using the Auto Vecto function.  If you have not tried this yet, I urge you to do so.  It will open up a world of possibilities for you!  So, after getting my image vectorized, I mirrored it and cut the image from heat transfer vinyl.  I decided to add the Barbie name using some 6ss crystal rhinestones.  Of course, my 'lil diva had to wear a tutu with it.  And she ended up with a matching necklace and hair bow too!  Believe it or not, I have less than 30 minutes in the entire outfit!  You can do it!  Give it a try and be sure to share your creations with us!

                                                       Custom Acrylic Cuff Bracelets

Hello BK fans!  I am back with another project using my Gazelle and vinyl!  Cutting vinyl is soooo easy with the Gazelle and you can really spruce up some items by embellishing them with vinyl.  I recently purchased some acrylic cuff bracelets...believe it or not, specifically to add vinyl to them!!  Living in Oklahoma, everything is OU or OSU.  There's no way around it.  You bleed crimson or orange.  I knew these cuffs would be a HUGE hit!

I saved and imported the OU and OSU logos as JPEG images and auto vectorized them.  It took all of like 2 minutes.  Easy peasy!  Then I set to work cutting the vinyl.  Notice that one of the OSU ones is multi-colored?  That is also super easy to do!  After vectorizing the logo, I simply added a blackout behind it.  Assembling them on the cuff was super easy to do with my transfer tape.  DO NOT attempt to work with vinyl without it.  It is NOT worth the headache.  ;)

**Please note that unauthorized use of logos and registered trademarks is subject to fines and penalties, up to and including forfeiture of merchandise if caught.  I created these for samples in order to obtain my Crafter's License from both OU and OSU.

Katie
 

No comments: