Sunday, January 27, 2013

Valentine's Cake by Lori m.



Need a fun Valentine’s Day centerpiece?  Here’s an idea, take a Styrofoam ring; mine was 8” in diameter and 2” high.

Using my Gazelle, I cut my card stock to cover the inside and outside of my mold. I cut a circle 9”, and used my Gazelle Funtime software, scissors feature to create the scalloped edge; this will become my cake base.

The next, part was easy using a few cute die cuts from www.bosskutdiecuts.com. The hardest part here was trying to decide which files I was going to use.



Honestly, what Valentine cake wouldn’t be complete without a few love bugs, and pretty hearts?

Bling, and ruffles, add a little lace, some glossy accents, pearls, flowers, rhinestones and you’re finished.


I decided to add a candle to the center of mine. It looks much nicer glowing with the lights off.  
Here are the Files I used:

4. Flowers

Have fun, there so many possibilities using one small Styrofoam ring, imagine a double decker cake using two rings.

Enjoy!

Lori m. - Bosskut Design Team Member
 


No comments: