Saturday, June 29, 2013

4th of July Table Decorations by Jamie G


Files Used: Lace Border by Judy Stark BKD 032, Parker Pop Kut Flower by Judy Stark BKD 103, Lee Ann Flower by Judy Stark BKD 192, Wildflower Cutout 0690, Wildflower 0687,
Materials: Card stock, Mod Podge, glitter

Since we'll be hosting a little BBQ on the 4th of July I wanted some cute little table decorations. I could have just bought some but where is the fun in that?!?

For the flowers, I simply cut out several of the beautiful flowers that are available through Boss Kut in red, white, and blue. Then randomly layered them making sure to get one of each the red, white, and blue.

I mixed some Mod Podge with glitter and then coated them! Once the Mod Podge was mostly dry, I really am working on my patience, I attached a flower stem to the back so that they would stand up in the vase.


For the stripes on the flag, I layered the Lace Border by Judy Stark BKD 032. Since the file was long enough and I wanted to maintain the integrity of the file, I duplicated the border and then welded the 2 together.


In order to get the stars lined up the way I wanted them, I used the multiply function in Funtime. It made it so simple.

I cut the stars out of the blue card stock and then layered that on top of white card stock. Super easy!!

Below is a picture that gives you an idea of how small the stars were. The Gazelle cut them out beautifully!! Each square is only 1 inch by 1 inch!



Now I guess I need to decide how many tables I'll be setting up so that I know how many more I need to make. :o)

Please be sure to check out the Boss Kut Blog for additional projects created by the Design Team.

Jamie Gillahan – BossKut Design Team Member
My Crafting Blog

For more projects and information, please click links below:
BossKut Company Blog

 

No comments: