Monday, November 8, 2010

Give thanks for all things...Card by Katie Piotrowski

   I'm sharing a fall inspired card that would make a great 'thank you' card or even better, a great 'Happy Thanksgiving' card...
                                                
I used my Gazelle to help me create this card. The card base was created by taking the file for the frame, removing the center piece, creating a shadow that I duplicated then welding the two pieces together. It sounds a lot more difficult than it really is. After cutting the card base, I cut the frame from glitter cardstock and adhered it. Next, I created the flower with Karen's tutorial which can be found HERE. The leaves and tag were also cut using the Gazelle. Finally, I stamped the sentiment, inked the edges and wrapped the card with some twine. This card took only about 25 minutes from thought to finish.

If you have a digital die cut machine then you should really take a look at the Framette & Florette cd from Bosskut. The cd contains 21 vector images and they are WONDERFUL for creating your own shaped cards. And, the flowers are great because you can cut them in different sizes and layer them.

Thanks for stoppin' by today! More to come tomorrow!

Katie

No comments: