Saturday, November 27, 2010

Holiday Christmas Ornaments

 I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  Remember the Boss Kut Gazelle is on sale
 www. bosskut.com

 Christmas is one month away and now is the time to make some gifts. Or..for yourself !
The first ornament (with the tree) is a frame from Boss Kut Flourish and Framette CD.  The Christmas tree is design # 0868D. Rhinestones also purchased at Boss Kut.
Tree Ornament: I cut the outline frame using Clear Craft Plastic .020 wgt. . I set my knife offset to 40, force at 5 and used my deep cutting blade. I cut 4 passes. I then used BK Gold Glitter paper to cut the frame/background. The tree is chipboard with sookwang tape and Basil glitter. I added embossing glue to the tree and sprinkled more glitter on it for added dimension. I then chalked out the outer frame using the gold metallic liquid Chalk Ink pen I ordered from Bosskut.
   I like the .020 wgt plastic sheet for tree ornaments, but also used the .007 wgt.plastic for my stocking and snowman.  You don’t need the added weight for cards and Gazelle cuts .007 at Force 3 , and one pass. The size of the ornaments are 3.5" by 3". 
 Adding the glitter paper gives it plenty of additional weight.  The snowman and stocking are also BK patterns.    http://bosskutdiecuts.com/  Judy Stark




                                                                 

3 comments:

Katie said...

Those are just FABULOUS!!! LOVE all the glitter! Such a great idea! :)

Anonymous said...

Amazing, each one is just unique in it's own making each one a very special gift packed with love. :) Lori m

Stampin' Dymonz said...

I absolutely love these -- especially the snowman! Great projects that I'll be trying at home!! TFS!!!