Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sweet Nothin's by Katie



I am LOVING the new doily files!  SWOON!!  Doilies are super trendy right now and so fun to work with.  Here's a sweet Valentine card I made to send to my mom...

I really like making square cards so I made this one 5x5.  After adding a few layers of patterned paper I sized and cut the new Heart Doily file.  I trimmed a bit off the edge and layered it, adding some crinkled ribbon trim.  I thought it needed some sparkle so I covered the doily with some Smooch ink.  Next, I colored Sugar 'n Spice Marci with my Copic markers, fussy cut her then adhered her with dimensional adhesive.  After stamping the sentiment I thought it needed a bit more so I took a few of the hearts that were leftover from the doily cut and colored them with Copics and Smooch and added one to the bow and one to the sentiment.  Tip: Always look at your negatives after cutting...you'd be surprised at how many "usable" pieces you will find!!

Copics used:
skin: R00, R02, E00, E04, W1
hair:  YR31, E55, E59
hearts: RV29, R83
clothes: (dress, bow, cupcake top) R81, R83, R85, (shoes) BV23, BV29, (apron and cupcake wrapper) Y21, Y23, Y26, (spoon) E35, E39
link to Marci:  www.bosskut.com/sugarandspicemarcibylalaland.aspx
link to Copics: www.bosskut.com/copicmarkers.aspx






                                                                  

1 comment:

Jamie_G said...

That card is absolutely beautiful!! What a wonderful job!!