Sunday, February 10, 2013

Do Your Own Valentines By Phyllis Parkins


I have always loved Valentines Day. I think a lot of it was because when I was growing up my mother and sister and I always made our own valentines. We would hand cut hearts of all different sizes out of construction paper (no cardstock in those days) and use white doilies and wrote our own sentiments with colored pens.

I decided my grandkids might enjoy making their own valentines this year. Since they live in another state, I cut a whole box of hearts in lots of styles, sizes and colors. I also cut print and cuts and sentiments for them. They are loving putting together their own valentines for their friends. Even my grandsons enjoy what they call art.

Below is a picture of a few samples I made to give them a couple of ideas. Also I have attached the scroll heart I designed in Funtime. The free file will only be available on this post until Feb. 14th. It is also in our design store www.bosskutdesigns.com The print and cuts came from Dollar Doodles. They cut perfectly with our print and cut. I didn't have to do any hand trimming at all. Print and Cut Tip: I put my cutline just barely inside the design and then turn off the cut line and group the .jpeg and cut line and I get great results this way.

Phyllis a/k/a Mrs. Boss Kut

No comments: