Saturday, August 13, 2011

Craft Project Ideas

  Lori m. and Linn have been busy with crafts this week and how much cuter could these be?  Wonderful ideas ladies! 

" Favor Boxes "
 I needed a few little 'Favor Boxes' for a young girl and a few of her friends, so I decided to make it look like a Purse!  I used pink card stock to cut out the purses that I designed in Gazelle Funtime III using the adjustable blade on #3 and 3 pressure.  I then took the cutest little 'Gerber Daisy with Leaves' #0616  digital die cut and colored them in and added an Outline around all of the pieces using the Outline under the TOOLS tab printed them out using the Crop Marks under the FILE tab so that I could put them in my
 Gazelle and cut them out!  Adhered all of the pieces together and added dimensionals for the flower to stand out on the purse, add some dash lines with a Copic Marker in Dog Rose Flower #RV25 placed a ribbon simply knotted in the center and using double sided tape to adhere the ribbon down and then another piece of ribbon for the handle and a small hook & loop for the closure!  Viola!!!
  A cute 'favor box' for a young lady and her friends...
Enjoy! Linn - Bosskut Design Team Member
 
Clothes Pins Anyone?
By Lori m
Need a quick gift or craft sale idea?  Why not make a pretty Clothes Pin, one of those large ones found in the craft stores?
Here’s mine, I think this one is a keeper; it will go nicely in my craft room, once it’s painted.



 
I love glitter, a little shimmer to catch the sunshine on my desk.   Quick, easy, makes a nice little gift add a fancy pen and pencil set, some pretty stationary and someone will be smiling for sure. I can see these packaged with a pen and pretty bow, for a craft sale.
Materials:
1. I used K and Company designer papers; http://www.bosskut.com/ has a nice selections.
2. # 0635 Daisy
3. #0616 Dgerberdaisy
4. Popkut butterfly, I just adore these Popkuts.
Add a poem or verse that you like and the project is finished. I like to either Mod Podge or spray with a very light coat of clear acrylic sealer for added protection.
Enjoy!  

No comments: