Thursday, November 10, 2011

Bosskut Distressed Turkey Napkin Holder


Bosskut Distressed Turkey Napkin Holder

Thanksgiving is 2 weeks from now and I am making a few crafts for the celebration.  I  really enjoy using this turkey pattern designed by Lisa Schmidt for Bosskut.  The pattern comes with a jpg file, which you can make a print n cut or cut by hand.   All patterns come in digital downloads  which contain all of the following formats: AI, WPC, GSD, Vector PDF and a jpg for reference.  Available at: http://www.bosskutdiecuts.com/distressedturkeybylisaschmidt.aspx 
This is an easy and fast project to make!  In Funtime software:  Import the jpg Turkey pattern. Using the magic wand feature or outline feature, make an outline.  Make a mirror copy and move down about 2 inches. You will then draw a rectangle and add the the kiss cut lines for the crease to fold them. I cut my holder using clear craft plastic. I used the 007 wgt for mine.
I cut 2 of the outline base and the rectangle one in the craft plastic .  My settings on my BossKut Gazelle were 2 for speed, 4 for force.  I used sookwang double sided adhesive to attached this project together. After removing those, I then cut the same in cardstock to line the inside.  Attach the rectangle base to each side of the plastic and then tape the liner into place.  I then printed and cut 2 of the distressed turkey patterns.  Tape these to the front and back outsides. I colored on my turkey with my Copic markers but you can just use the printed version.  Project completed and ready for napkins! Sure to be a hit with my Grandchildren on Thanksgiving Day. 
Happy Thanksgiving!
Judy Stark
Bosskut Design Team Leader

No comments: