Sunday, November 20, 2011

Fall Fun by Katie


Hey everyone!  Can you believe that Thanksgiving is this week already?!  I can't wait...Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday!  I can almost smell the turkey already.  ;)  With Thanksgiving being my favorite holiday it should go without saying that Fall is my favorite season.  Each year, my kids and I kick it off by visiting the Pumpkin Patch.  Here's a layout I created with a pic of my daughter from last year's visit...
 
I wanted to keep the background rather simple to bring more emphasis to the photo so I layered up some plain cardstock and added just a strip of pumpkin patterned paper to the bottom.  To break it up, I cut a bubble border using my Gazelle.  After mounting and adhering the photo, I tucked a little paper bag under the photo to house my journaling.  Next, I cut the Circle Florette and added a leaf and my mixed font title.  The two fonts I used are Clarendon Bold and Brush Script and both were found in my Funtime software.  A bit of bling and some "falling" Oak Leafs further embellish my background.  I cut a simple tag from Funtime for my journaling and tucked it inside my little paper bag.  Here's a close-up view of the journaling and embellies....
                                                                               
A little ribbon and cord finished my layout off.  I wish you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving. 
 
Katie 

No comments: