Thursday, December 8, 2011

BOSSKUT & SCRAPMART HOLIDAY BLOG HOP - DAY 6

                                                                PHOTO   BOXES
                                                                  By Judy Stark  Bosskut Design Team
  


Need a quick gift?  These photo boxes are fast to make and I usually make a few extra ones "just in case."  So convenient to store your photo's and separate them without taking up so much of your storage space.   I am all for keeping photo's on your phone and hard drive but you CAN'T SCRAPBOOK THEM that way!  I still like to print out several of my photo's and put into the above type box.  Below is another one I made.  Great to add charms, buttons and ribbons etc. 
                                                                           

I cut these using my Gazelle and just taped the sides and you decorate accordingly.  Since  I was thinking photo's...   I made this box for my daughter.  She can store the boxes or whatever she wishes inside!  

       CIGAR BOX PHOTO BOX 



I  used a "wooden cigar box" and covered with Graphic 45 paper, added rhinestones, lace, ribbons and a rose. 



HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO ALL !!      JUDY STARK


     ALTERED SANTA CAN
   By Lori m.  Bosskut Design Team




                                             
 I’m so glad you’ve joined us here, I’m, Lori m from reflectionsfromgranny.blogspot.com, and I’ll be showing you a few of my favorite things.
 First up is my altered can.  Folks that know me will tell you, if it’s able to be recycled, I’m your woman!
Starting with a plain old candy tin, I wrapped it in pretty BoBunny papers, and then added a little cotton on the lid for my snow. A little glitter, some amazing diecuts from http://www.bosskutdiecuts.com/ and of course, one must cuts these gems out using her or his machine of wonder….. “The amazing Gazelle”!  
For this altered can I used;
A little cotton, glue, wire, believe tag cut from the BoBunny papers a little liquid pearls
To give his beard some texture, my cuddlebug embossing folders and the fabulous files below.
1. # 0611 Funky Santa
2. # 0868 Christmas tree
3. #0870 Holly sled
I think he’s just adorable, hope you agree.
Happy Holidays….  Lori m
                                                  
                                    Pine Cone Greetings
                                                         By Lori m  Bosskut Design Team


Gorgeous!! This has to be one of my most favorite projects yet.
After taking 100’s of photos from the pinecones and trees in Lake Tahoe, Bosskut’s Designer “Judy Stark”, took my breath away with this file. Available at http://www.bosskutdiecuts.com/  It’s a little hard to see the glitter on the greetings and the three bells but trust me, when “I say, my husband gave me the WOW, where did you buy that”, so I knew it must look OK!
 I’m so in love with this file, this is easy, simplicity at its best.  
Here’s what I did, I cut three shades of green close together and layered them slightly to get a shadowed effect. Same with the branches and two different colors were used on the pinecones. Most times I’ll chalk edges or ink them but this looked so pretty I left it alone.
A little glue, glitter, ribbon and one amazing “Pinecones-JS” file for a front door display that will knock your neighbor’s socks off. So, there you have it, another easy holiday decoration, compliments of Bosskuts’s amazing www.bosskutdiecuts.com and let’s not forget the great smooth clean cuts, and no wasted paper that makes Gazelle number one in my book.
Happy Holidays,  Lori m




                                                       POINSETTIA CARD
                                                  By Debbie Grommet Bosskut Design Team

                                                                

If there is one image from Bosskut that you can not live without it is the 0576 poinsettia. It is the perfect embellishment for a card,scrapbook page, or just about any home decor project. You will use this image over and over again. To construct the card you will need printed paper for the inside and outside of the card, as well as  coordinating card stock. The inside piece has kiss lines with the circle to the top start with the kiss line at the bottom, this will be a valley fold, the center will be a mountain fold and the top kiss line will be a valley fold. the outer kiss lines in the middle of the card will be valley folds. Line this piece up with the circle on the card stock and glue down be careful not to get glue on the center pop up of the card. Now apply the printed paper to the outside of the card lining up the half circles. Put together the circles and glue them to the top of the pop up portion of the card so that it moves smoothly through the half circle. Decorate with your poinsettia. Add the rectangular pieces to the front of the pop-up so that you have a place for a message.




                   PAPER HOLIDAY CENTERPIECE TREE
                                         By Debbie Grommet Bosskut Design Team


 I  love this little tree. It could easily be a centerpiece, sit on your office desk or take it to a sick friend. It is totally amazing what you can do with paper and a Gazelle.
With your Gazelle make a scalloped boarder. You can do this by drawing a rectangle then draw a circle and place it on the lower line of your rectangle multiply the circle until it fits the rectangle and weld. Make your scalloped boarder 3.5 tall x11.75 long then reduce duplicate and the reduce the duplicate by .25of an inch. do this until you get to a 1 inch tall boarder. Cut 3 of each size you will need 5 sheets of paper plus paper that will not be seen to cut circles. Make circles 3" 2"1" You will need 2 for each layer.

Put a kiss line in the middle of each scallop and at the point were the scallop meets. Fold starting with a valley fold then mountain fold until you get to the end of each strip
glue the 3 strips together of each size, glue the ends together it will look a little like a coffee filter. Push in at the center when it is flat push it into the center from the outer edge to keep the center whole as small as possible. Glue it to the circle I used hot glue because I don't like to hold it down while glue dries.Repeat  for all layers sack and top with ribbon. Leave the the ribbon tails long and tuck them into thee tree. 
      

See directions :  http://bosskutforum.com/blog/

   Thank all of you that followed our Blog this week.  We hope that we gave you some inspiration and ideas.  I want to give our designers a special thank you for all the hard work they put in their projects. Be sure to check our Blog or face book on Monday and see who the lucky winners are.                  

No comments: