Thursday, December 8, 2011

BOSSKUT & SCRAPMART HOLIDAY BLOG HOP - DAY 5




                             PINECONE SECRET BOX

                                           By Debbie Grommet  Bosskut Design Team

                                                       

This box  highlights the new Pinecone cutting file by Judy Stark available at www.bosskutdiecuts.com. Also from Bosskut is the Circle Florette .



 When getting ready to cut the florette.  I ungrouped the image and removed the center so that I would have a round background then regrouped to keep it together when movong. I did draw out a circle to fit inside to give the pinecone a framed look.


 I did not create the pattern for this box but when you have a Gazelle you can turn any pattern you have into a cutting file. Turn on your grid under view and use it to aid in measureing also it helps keep lines strait and you can create just about anything.



                            BURNISHED  Velvet Snowman Tag
                                          
                              by KATIE P.    Bosskut Design Team


                                             
Hi everyone!  I hope you're enjoying the hop so far!  There's so much inspiration!  Are you familiar with the Burnished Velvet technique?  Terri with Boss Kut has done a series of videos that tell you what you'll need and just how to do it.  You can view them in Terri's YouTube channel.
I chose to work with the new Melting Snowman Tag.  After I opened the file in Funtime, I simply pulled the "arms" off (cause I wanted them as a layer, not cut as part of the design) and changed the line colors so the pieces could all be cut separately without disassembling the shape.  I added my adhesive to my cardstock and loaded my mat.  Be sure you do test cuts, as Terri suggests in the video.  You don't want to wast a bunch of your adhesive, or time!  I cut the inside pieces on Pressure 1 then cut the outside on the highest pressure.  That was it! 
So after I got it cut it was time to glitter!  I used my paper piercer to "weed" the pieces...just like you would a garden, you remove the cover to expose the area you want to work on.  I glittered one color at a time...the hat band, the nose then all my black pieces.  After I applied each section of giltter, I pulled out my Copic to color the sections.  Yes, you read that right!  I colored the glitter with my Copics!  The hat band was colored with R29, the nose YR18 and the rest with 100 Black.  Super easy!  Here's a pic of what the process looks like...
   So fun! After I was done coloring, I cut the charm mat (included in the file) and the arms and finished assembling the tag.  I added some Canvas Corp Cord to the top and tied it to a gift bag.
Isn't he cute?!  I LOVE snowmen and this file makes a perfect tag to hang on a bag or add to a gift.  Don't you think?!  Here's a closer view of the tag so you can see all the sparkle and shine...
                                     The best part is that the glitter won't come off onto everything!



                                    Snowman Poop
                                                   By Lori m.   Bosskut Design Team


What are holidays if not for having a little fun?  Here’s a quick and cute gag gift to pass along to someone special. 


Using one clean empty jar, a few cotton balls, ribbon, poem found on the internet and some really cute bosskutdiecuts , a little assembly and this is what I put  together.

                       The holly leaves, snowmen and the pine needles are a few of the new diecuts     at http://www.bosskutdiecuts.com/  “Adorable”!       Happy Holidays!

                                                   POINSETTIA CARD
                                                    By Linn Cole   Bosskut Design Team
                                                      

Today's project is just a card with a Pointsettia on it!  Although it is not just any old Poinsettia....it is a Bosskut Poinsettia!  I LOVE this Diecut!  I have made it in pearlized white, red, green and yellow and every size possible!  So I just had to show the Poinsettia one more time!  I also cut out my "Merry Christmas" too, added a few jewels in the center and Viola!   Happy crafting !


                                      

                               Wooden Santa Plaque
                                                      By Lori m.  Bosskut Design Team

                                                  
Using one of those wooden plaques found at the store, I added a little holiday paper and then glued and Mod Podged it for durability. Next I added, “# 0873 Santa Head”, Which came from http://www.bosskutdiecuts.com/. Isn’t he the happiest Santa you’ve ever seen?
The Ho Ho Ho, was cut out on my Gazelle using a TTF font already installed in my Funtime program.
 Love, Love, Love, his cute face and deep blue eyes. For the beard I added some liquid pearls to give it texture, a little cotton the brim of his hat and on the tassel.
                                                                        Journal
                                                                       by Phyllis Parkins                                                      
                                                         

I altered this Journal for a very special new little granddaughter that I have.  Actually I have 3 new grandchildren. My daughter Heather and her husband Darin are adopting a little boy and his two sisters. They were in the need of a home and in foster care so Heather and Darin heard about them and stepped up to the plate and they have now joined their family.  They  already had 3 boys and now have 4 boys and 2 girls.
I wanted to make Phoenix a Journal so she could write about her feelings and thoughts , hoping this would help her with the transition.  I found the Journal at Hobby Lobby and it was just what I was looking for.  Then I watched one of Suzanne Deans new videos (I’m a big fan of hers) of her coloring this fairy (from Wee Stamps) and had to have it for the Journal it was just perfect.  I loved the colors she used.
I colored the image with my copics and then cut a simple frame and mat and the title on my Gazelle. Next I sprayed the picture with a coat of acrylic sealer as I wanted to Modge Podge the cover for durability. Then I gave it 2 coats of modge podge and added some of our brass charms and crystals. (watch for our antiqued brass charms that will be available in 2012).

No comments: