Monday, June 11, 2012

Monogrammed Rhinestone Bags by Becki

Monogrammed Rhinestone Bags by Becki

Hello, Becki here with a new project  that I have been dying to try - rhinestones.  These little shiny stones have had me scared for quite a while but I toughened up and decided to give them a go.  Boy, am I glad I did.  I have no idea why I was so scared of them.  Now I am trying to think of other things to bling up!

I thought for my first project I would go small and simple.  I was at my local hobby store and saw these little canvas bags.  I thought they would be great for my three nieces and I would have one left over for me!

As I am just learning how to use the rhinestone template material and this feature in Funtime, I went with just making initials.  I used the Hobo font that could with the software and brought a R, M, K, and A to my mat.  I used the rhinestone feature to change my font into circles to cut out in the template material.


Here's a picture of my cutout template and the rhinestones all ready to go on the transfer tape.   I used my deep cut blade on a force of 2 with a speed of 2 to cut the thick template.  Now I was ready to place the tape on my bag
The initial is now ready to be ironed down.  I placed a pillowcase over the tape and held it over the stones for about 45 seconds on the Wool setting.  After it cooled for about 10 seconds I peeled up the tape making sure the rhinestones were affixed to the bag.  Once everything looked good, I turned the bag inside out and hit the backside with the iron for another 20 seconds to make sure they were really stuck.

Take a look at how they turned out.  I think they are soooo cute!



Thanks for stopping by and taking a look.  Hope you aren't as scared as me and get to using those rhinestones.  Have a great day and happy crafting!

Supplies:
10SS crystal rhinestones
rhinestone template material
rhinestone transfer tape
4 mini bags
Becki Wagner- Bosskut Design Team

No comments: