Friday, July 6, 2012

Baby Girl Quilt by Janet Rankin

Baby Girl Quilt Using the new Bosskut Gazelle designs


The new Bosskut Designs just came out and it inspired me to make a baby quilt for a little girl. I used the bottle and the rattle for most of my blocks. 

 I added a baby face pattern I made up for one of the blocks. I made a second block that just said Baby Girl. I thought these two blocks would add a little to the other designs. I think that is why I love my Gazelle. I like to take what there is and then add my own touch—just like most crafters do. The whole idea is just to have fun!!! I love to have fun.  Below are some pictures of my new baby girl quilt. The quilt has been pieced but now needs to be quilted.


Baby Face Block
This block I machine appliqued like the rest of the blocks. I hand embroidered the mouth, ears and eyes.

The cheeks I did using a crayon technique I learned years ago. I take an applique transfer mat and lay my iron on it a few seconds. I then take my crayon and smear a little of the wax on the hot spot on the mat. I take a small piece of cotton fabric and rub it in the crayon. I then rub the color in the cheek area.

Once I get it the consistency I want it I heat set it with my iron. I like to think of it as shading and highlighting for fabric.  Enjoy!
Janet Rankin- Bosskut Design Team Member

No comments: