Friday, August 17, 2012

10 minute projects by Debbie G.





The children in my life always want little gifts for their teachers and they generally call to ask for the gift 30 minutes before they need them. With the school year beginning very soon, I decided to get prepared so I searched the internet for some quick easy projects. I found inspiration in an easel card and created a desk calendar, Post-it-note covers take less than ten minutes to create and  can be quite beautiful, and a pencil box that holds 4 pencils that was amazingly simple.

For the calendar you will need 1 sheet of extra heavy cardstock. You will need to cut the cardstock into a 6”x12” and a 6”x6” pieces, score the 6”x12” piece at 6” and 9” an fold in the same direction on the score line, attach the 6”x6” piece the 3”x6” section and decorate for your occasion. I used 0932 Bookworm from Bosskut. I printed the calendar from timeanddate.com and attached it to a small piece of cardstock with brands and then glued it to my card.

 For the Post-it-note cover you will need a piece of double-sided cardstock cut 7 3/8 “x 3 ¼” score at 3 1/8, 3 ½, and 3 7/8”. Fold the center score line then cut across fold to the next score line 2 times about ½” apart. Fold the other score lines glue one fold to back use adhesive and attach post-note and slide in pen. I used the Star and A+ die from Bosskut. There are many great tutorials for this project on line just Google Post-it-Note and pen cover tutorial if you need additional instructions.

The pencil box takes one sheet of card stock and 10 minutes of your time to create. I found many patterns for the same box and have decided to give you the link to the site I found most useful http://www.papercraftplanet.com/profiles/blogs/3d47slide-top-pencil-box . Midway down the page she has a pdf, pattern that you can print.  I decorated this box by using my Gazelle to create a series of stars and attaching them to a paper clip.

I had so much fun with the teacher set that I made an additional set for any occasion and embellished them all with the Parker Pop Kut flower by Judy Stark.  http://www.bosskutdiecuts.com/flowersflora.aspx
Thank you for looking Debbie

No comments: