Thursday, August 16, 2012

Teacher Note Pads by Katie DeSotel





Today is our first day back to school! I always like to have a little something for the teachers on the first day. Cody and Shelby are lucky enough to the same teachers they had last year. I think that makes it easier for me to come up with little things for them.

I had purchased a pack of Jr. Legal Pads a few months ago and thought it would be fun to give them each their own peronal notepad.

After fitting the covers I decided to use my Gazelle and some of the school files to embellish them.



I started by adding a strip of paper and oversized bingo card from the Simple Stories Elementary collection. Then I added the cute little Book Worm. There was already an apple image in the center of the bingo card so I worked with that to position my little guy. Next, I added a sticker element to the bottom right and finished it off with a glittery brad. I felt like it needed something to balance it out, with the glitter on the bottom, so I cut a star our of Gold Glitter Paper to cover the star in in between the letters in read.


Although I wanted them to be different, I followed the same basic layout. Again I used Simple Stories Elementary paper and elements. This time I added the Crayons and Scissors. I decided to put the scissors to use and positioned them so they appear to be cutting the name tag. ;) A little clip at the top holds the "my class" sticker in place.
I really love how they turned out and believe it or not, they came together rather quickly, thanks to my Gazelle!

Katie

No comments: