A new ornament for my tree or for a gift. On our Bosskut owner's forum, we have a Holiday sharing thread going and we are sharing ideas/projects for the holidays. One of the ladies (Marda) shared using a battery tealight to make ornaments etc. and here is mine!
I used the newly released PopKut Angel . The angel has a mat with it and I cut the mat using the aqua glitter paper from Bosskut. I cut the angel using 85 wgt cardstock and applied Sookwang tape over the paper. (before cutting) I cut using my Gazelle and settings were 2 speed,2 force and K/O at 15. I cut it 2 passes. The sookwang is a little thick and I wanted a nice clean cut. It is best to go 2 passes at a lower force. My Angel is 6.5 inches tall.
I removed the cross in the design and replaced it with a star. This is where the battery tealight goes through. I removed the sookwang film and used glitter and the burnished velvet technique. Cut my holly for her halo and added a rhinestine. I then inserted the tealight from the back to the front. I snipped the little nip off of the tea light with my scissors. An easy project completed within 20 minutes and after I add ribbon, on the tree it will go!!
Judy Tesla Stark