Sunday, April 15, 2012

Mothers Day Card by Becky W.


Happy Monday, everyone!  I am so excited to share with you today some die-cutting treasures for my Boss Kut Design Team project.  I have a super simple but beautiful Mother's Day card.  It's never too early to start on those cards, ladies.  Mother’s Day will be here before you know it!  I will be posting a few more up to the day because I have been asked by some friends to make one for their mothers.    Here's a tip if you want a life, tell very few people you craft.

I was so excited to use the adorable Pop Kuts from Boss Kut.  Let me say, I am thrilled at how great they look!   There is just that certain something they add to a project.  They look complex and time consuming but thanks to a great designer, so simple.  I mean, look at that flower.  Just too stinkin' adorable!
I used the Pop Kut Butterfly which comes two to the set and the Pop Kut Lacy Flower layered onto the Flower Flourish.    I sewed together two pieces of Lost & Found Madison Avenue by My Mind's Eye with Trendy Twine using the Sew Easy.



Check out the detail in the cutting files.  Lesser machines have wept cutting something like that.  My Gazelle cut it like a hot knife through butter.  She can really handle all the details even when they are very small.  Love this machine!  Some machines have a problem where if the inner lines are close to the cutting edge of the outer lines, they get mangled and can’t handle a lot of inner cuts.  Not my pink lady!
So, what do you think?  Will my mother enjoy her card?  I think so.  Those butterflies are the cutest things out there!
Recap of Supplies:

Pop Kut Butterfly by Boss Kut
Pop Kut Lacy Flower by Boss Kut
Flower Flourish by Boss Kut
Mini Thoughts by My Thought Exactly
Krazy for Kraft Trendy Twine
Lost & Found Madison Ave by My Mind's Eye
Have a great week and happy crafting!
Becky

.

No comments: