Monday, April 30, 2012

Sketch It Out using Pen Feature Bosskut Gazelle by Becki W



Today I thought I would show you how to make a super simple card and your machine is going to do all the work.  How's that you ask?  Why by using the pen feature on my Boss Kut Gazelle!  If you haven't popped a pen in your Gazzy before, you don't know what you are missing.  It is one of the reasons I purchased a Gazelle.  When I found out you didn't need a special holder and you could use pretty much any size pen, pencil or even a glue pen, I was sold!

I found a single line (kind of like the Pop-Kuts) SVG of a pair of boots.  They looked like Army boots and I thought it would make a great card to celebrate a member of the military coming home.  It took about 7 minutes for my Gazelle to complete the sketch the design and I just love the effect.  It looks like a stamp with just a touch of embossing.  It has a slight texture to it.  Just fabulous!  This would make a great masculine card.  No frills.  I know it’s a pretty simplistic designed card but you know, sometimes less is more. 

I let the machine do its thing again but this time on white cardstock so you could see the detail.  To make sure you get the right height when placing your pen, slide a clean popsicle stick under the tip, let the pen rest gently on the stick then tighten the screw.  I used a force of 1 and my speed was on 7.  Depending of the medium I use, the speed could go lower.  I just purchased this gel pen so I wanted it to go a little faster.  I didn’t want it to sit in one place to long.  I didn’t know if it was going to flow heavy and puddle up my design or not.  I have some glitter pens that need to go a couple fractions of a second slower to get the ink out on the paper.  Just play around on scratch paper to you get the desired effect for your project.  Another thing, because the Gazelle is not tied to cartridges, I could also let my pink beauty write out my sentiment in any of the fonts I already have on my computer. More coolness, no? 


I thought you might like to see my baby in action, so I made a little video.  It’s just the neatest thing to see your machine sketch something.  Especially a design so intricate.  (Don’t worry, I didn’t tape the whole thing.  Just a little taste of the amazingness ^__^)  If I wanted to, I could make a shadow of the design, put the blade holder back in and have the Gazelle fussy cut it.  So many possibilities.  Can you see them?  Anyway, here’s the video:

                                       http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnVhVsWdaBU


Thanks for stopping by and come back again as I have a few more pretty projects for some metallic pens and my Gazelle.  Hope you enjoyed today’s card and got some inspiration for using your machine.  If you in the market for an electronic die-cut machine, hope this showed you what an awesome product this is and has you looking a little closer at the Gazelle.  Have a great day and happy crafting!
Bosskut Design Team 
Becki Wagner

No comments: