Wednesday, March 28, 2012

APRON with Iron on Vinyl by Nikki


                                                 BOSSKUT GUEST DESIGNER - NIKKI

Hi Everyone!  My name is Nikki, I live in Arizona, and am in my 30's. I'm a proud Auntie, and my passion is paper crafting and card-making. I have been paper crafting for 10 years and love to learn new techniques. Hands down, my favorite tool is my Bosskut Gazelle! I use it for almost every project in some way. 
 
My sister loves to bake, and her favorite color is pink. I created this apron for her as a present.
 
Here's what you need:
 
Blank Apron (I purchased this one at Michael's, for $4)
 
Cupcake Rhinestone File
 
First, cut the lettering for the apron from the Heat Transfer Vinyl. I used the font "Chocolate Box". Type the quote into Funtime, then convert the text to path. Size it to fit the apron. Place boxes around the text to make it easier to weed. Mirror the text.
 
     
Next, cut the cupcake rhinestone file. To get the different colors in the files, tape off the sections that you do not want the rhinestones to sweep into it - for example, if you are sweeping in the blue, tape off the red and pink parts. Sweet in all 3 colors of rhinestones. Follow the Bosskut tutorial for ironing on the Rhinestones.
 
Iron on the rhinestone transfer first, and then iron on the heat transfer vinyl. The project was easy to accomplish and I think the end result looked great!
 
Enjoy!
 
Nikki        
 
This is another project Nikki did and shared with us on the Bosskut owners forum.  Vinyl on wood plaques she made and one of my favorites!  Judy Stark
 
                                                                                                                                            

No comments: