Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Easter Eggs and Wrappers by Jamie G.

           
     

Materials: Eggs, Egg Dye, Vinyl, Cardstock

It's just about that time to get out the dye and get to coloring those eggs!!  I'm always looking for new ideas and wanted to see how I could apply the beautiful diecuts and text to my eggs.
Using a vinyl blade, the force set at 1, and the speed set at the lowest setting I cut out very intricate pieces with ease!  I also used the option of "weeding" in the cut screen of my Funtime software to make getting my pieces out easy.  I choose to use scraps of indoor vinyl that I had left over from previous projects.  You can purchase vinyl from Boss Kut here.

      
In addition to using some of the fabulous Bosskut Die Cuts, I added text to some of my eggs.  While my 20 month old son could care less if his name is on an egg or not, my daughter thought it was "awesome!!"  I absolutely LOVE my daughters’ enthusiasm to my crafting projects!

While I have a very critical eye when it comes to my crafting projects, I did learn something about applying vinyl to eggs.  Make sure your egg is at room temperature and you take your time applying the vinyl to the egg.  It takes a finesse and patience that maybe I still need to practice on.  :o)  Also, the smaller the design the better it'll stick to the egg.  The Gazelle will have NO problems cutting the design you choose.  The die cuts and text that I used only measure an inch and a half!!  The one other thing that I think I would try differently is using an outdoor vinyl versus the indoor vinyl.  My thought is that it would adhere better to the egg.                                                                     
                                                                                                                                                
     
                                                                                                                   

Be sure to check out these adorable egg wrappers as well!!  They look adorable sitting at the table.

There truly are SO many possibilities with Bosskut's beautiful die cuts.  What would you do with them?!

Jamie Gillahan – Bosskut Design Team Member

For more projects and information, please click links below:
Bosskut Company Blog


No comments: