Sunday, March 18, 2012

Easter Baskets by Jamie G.

 
      
Files Used: Bunny Peeker by Lisa Schmidt 0302, Chick Peeker by Lisa Schmidt 0303, Bunny Egg by Judy Stark BKD 094, Egg Blank 0642
Materials: Cardstock, Blue Brads, Silver Brads

I started out making origami baskets in various sizes; 6x6, 8x8, and 10x10.  A tutorial for these origami baskets can be found at this website.  I just omitted making the handle of paper and choose to use ribbon or a Boss Kut diecut in place of their suggested handle.
                 

For the 6x6 baskets I used the Bunny Peeker by Lisa Schmidt 0302 and Chick Peeker by Lisa Schmidt 0303.  I also cut a 6 inch piece of ribbon and secured it to the basket with a brad.  These peekers are absolutely adorable!!  More of these can be found at the Boss Kut Designs website here.  They piece together beautifully and the possibilites with them are endless!




On the 8x8 basket, I used the Egg Blank 0642 and created a name ornament using the tutorial located at the Boss Kut Training website here.  An easy and creative way to personalize the Easter basket!!  Again, I simply used a piece of ribbon and secured it to the basket with a brad.

I LOVE the training website and the additional support available at the Gazelle Owner's Forum!  Everyone is always very helpful and friendly!
                                                                                   

With the 10x10 basket, I used the Bunny Egg by Judy Stark BKD 094 as the handle and secured it to the basket using brads.  Using Funtime Scrapbooking III, I took the background of the Bunny Egg and duplicated it.  Then with one of the backgrounds I rotated it so that it was upside down and welded it to the other background.  This is what I used for the handle of the basket.  The detail in this die cut is beautiful and I chose to use a vinyl blade giving me a nice clean and precise cut!

Now, I just need to decide what ones I'm going to make for my daughter's dance class . . . decisions, decisions, decisions!!!  :o)

Thanks for looking!!

Jamie Gillahan- Bosskut Design Team Member
 
 
                                                                                          

                                                              


                                                              

1 comment:

CityGirl Planners said...

So adorable! I love their little faces. I need to make a few baskets like this.