Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Tiny in the Spring Card by Becki W.

                              
           
So excited to finally have my first Design Team project done for Boss Kut.  I have to say, I have had a bit of crafter's block lately.  Perfect timing, right?  LOL  Anyway, I decided on an easel card for my first project.  I was thinking something for Spring and what is better than flowers?  A tiny little baby holding a flower!


I always like to push my Gazelle to the limits and see how she does.  The entire card is only 4.5 x 4.5, so you know the little baby and flower are pretty small and my Gazelle cut it out perfectly!  It cut the scallops and swirls as smooth as butter too.
         
For the fancy frame, I used Presleys Curl.  Available along with file 0339 tinyinspiring at the Boss Kut store.  Isn't she so cute?!? Available at  http://www.bosskutdiecuts.com/

Here is a side view.  This was also my first easel card.  I wasn't really sure how I wanted to design the bottom half.  I kept it simple so it would lay flat and not ruin the top.  I also love the fact you can just stick pretty much any size pen or marker in the Gazelle.  I typed out my sentiment in the font I thought would look best, put a rectangle around it, slipped a purple gel pen in where the blade holder normally goes and let her write away.  Then I wanted to cut the rectangle, out goes the pen and in the blade holder.  Love, love, love this feature!

                                             
      
                                                               
I know, I know.  I stink at making faces.  My youngest son said she didn't look very baby-like.  Well, the more I draw the faces on the better I will get.  Forgive the lack of detail in her features.  ^__^

Hope you enjoyed today's card and come back to check out the new Spring releases over at the Boss Kut store!  http://www.bosskutdiecuts.com/ 

Supplies:

Presleys Curls die-cut by Judy Stark
0339tinyinspiring die-cut
Quiggly Wiggly font
DCWV - The Blossom Stack

Becki Wagner
Bosskut Design Team Member                                                                                                  

No comments: