Monday, March 19, 2012

Butterfly Catch-All by Becki W.

                       
Happy Monday everyone!  Looks like our beautiful sunny weather here in Central Ohio decided to hide behind the rain and tornado watches.  That's OK, hopefully my beautiful butterfly catch-all will bring little rays of sunshine!   

Now I know I didn't use very Spring-y colors but just think of it as the warm, brown Earth waiting for the first shoots of color to bless us with.  The original opening was a heart but I loved this butterfly silhouette from www.bosskutdiecuts.com so much I decided to change it.  I just welded it where the heart was.
      The catch-all was cut in chipboard and another set of panels were cut for the top layer with patterned paper.  I used my deep cut blade to cut the chipboard twice.  To be honest, I probably didn't need to cut it twice.  It looked cut through the first time.  And it cut like buttah!  Nice and smooth.  Now that I know my Gazzy will cut chipboard so easy, you will probably be seeing a lot more 3D projects.

                                                    
                                                                                   
I wanted to dress it up a bit but adding a lot of bling would have been bad as it will be used a lot.  I was afraid jewels or pearls around the handle would come off with papers and such going in and out of it.  I did manage to get a few blue pearls on the florette.   I just love how it came out!  It just sets the butterfly off perfectly!  Of course, the brown butterfly is the left over chipboard.  Did you think I would waste that little beauty?!?                             
                                                                              
        
Well, that's all I have for today!  Hope you enjoyed my project for today.  Please come back and see what else I have for you this week.  I appreciate your visit here today.  Have a great day and happy crafting!

Supplies:

0367fancyflorette by Boss Kut Designs
0327butterflysilhouette by Boss Kut Designs
Catch-All pattern by me
Becki Wagner- Bosskut Design Team
                                 










                                                  

No comments: